Leo & Cathy Paine "Standing In The Gap" for the missionary.
Filling the gap through FURLOUGH RELIEF!
Contact us: landcpaine@yahoo.com or Skype: leo.paine

Friday, December 3, 2010

Memories

God allows us to have memories and these memories can joyful or sad/difficult times. 

Today in 2003 my father died and in so many ways it seemed like yesterday and at other times it seems so much longer. He had many health problems but his death was truly unexpected.  Rushing back to Vermont and seeing my mother was difficult and just looking at her she seemed so "old and fragile".  We all got through that difficult time with the hope that we would see him again. We shared the gospel with him many times but I don't know if he ever made a personal decision.

My father was a hard working man and taught us all good work ethics. He worked hard all his life and took care of his family the best way he knew how. He loved my mother and he loved all of us kids, although, at times he found it hard to show us. He loved this time of the year, I remember many Christmas mornings he enjoyed handing out the gifts and watching us open the packages. I still miss him especially during the Christmas season.

We had my mother until April 2005 when she went to be with the Lord.  God certainly did a work in her heart.  I was truly blessed with a mother who was always home when we arrived home from school. We had some lean times growing up but my parents were always there to support and take care of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment